Thursday, January 30, 2014

It All Started...

It all started that morning in theater class my senior year of high school. You were THAT kid, the one who everyone thought was just a ridiculous underclassmen acting out for attention. And maybe you were, but I can never really go back to seeing you that way. Not now. Not ever.

We tried for so long and I'm still haunted by the idea that maybe somehow a way exists to make everything go back to normal, like it used to be before everything fell apart. I know you're seeing her now, just like I'm seeing him, but I also know you're suffering the same way I am. I can't eat there because that's our place, can't listen to that song, watch that TV show or talk about that one time because they all belong to you. I've settled for comfortable and easy, but have a definite longing for the exciting and unpredictable, a longing I will never be able to fulfill.

Will these feelings ever go away? Can you make them? I can hide them, deep down, pretending that the reason I'm always almost crying is stress or tiredness or anything but what it really is, but for how long? And to what end? To watch you slowly fade away and become only the most bittersweet memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment